Banks Power 42235 Super-Scoop Kit
Banks' exclusive Super-Scoop is an add-on product to the Ram-Air Intake System. Super-Scoop connects below the front bumper, forcing a big charge of cool, pressurized ram air into the Ram-Air Intake's air filter housing. Because the air is drawn from outside the engine compartment, it has greater density and makes more power than the warmer engine air.
Super-Scoop's cooler, denser air also improves fuel economy, reduces smoke and lowers exhaust gas temperatures! Rainwater and debris are funneled out of the bottom. The more air you can flow through your engine, the more oxygen will be available for burning fuel. That means greater, more efficient combustion, which results in more power.
* 2010 for GMC only, not Chevy. Note: The Super-Scoop kit is designed to work on vehicles with factory sized wheels/tires. Running oversized wheels/tires may cause interference between the tire and Super-Scoop. Also, please be aware that fender lining trimming is required for this kit.
The cold air box's huge bottom opening and optional Super-Scoop inlet are engineered to inhale cooler, denser air from outside the vehicle. Stock systems don't draw the cooler air from underneath, and many aftermarket filter on a stick designs leave the filter wide-open to all the hot underhood air, which robs you of power. Note: The Super-Scoop kit is designed to work on vehicles with factory sized wheels/tires. Running oversized wheels/tires may cause interference between the tire and Super-Scoop.
- More Power & MPG
- Forces charge of cool, pressurized ram air into filter housing
- Optimizes Ram-Air Intake efficiency for more power
- For use w/ Ram-Air System: Chevy/GMC, Trucks
- 2010 for GMC only, not Chevy
- GMT900 only--excludes GMT800, Classic Body
- Works with 41850/42172 Banks Ram-Air Systems
6.6L Duramax, GMT900 only, Classic Body